Casetta, the Greatest

The Journey of writing began when I was a kid. In school, many talented students would write and publish stories/poem in the yearly magazine. But I was always afraid of failures. So even though I had splendid ideas to put in writing, I would only write it in my diary and lock it safely so that no one ever reads it. There was one poem that I liked very much which I showed to my classmates.

Mosquito, mosquito, everywhere
Biting my cheeks,
Eating my sweets,
Mosquito, mosquito, everywhere

It went something like that. I don't even remember it completely. It was quite funny because I wrote it when there was dengue spreading in my city and lots of mosquitos biting me. It is the first real thing I actually wrote.

As a kid and as a teen, I used to watch a lot of tv shows. When I was in 8th std, a show named Winx Club was telecasted in pogo. That was so inspirational and sparked the writing instincts in me. I had an imaginary character named Cassetta around whom I had a great story which goes like this:-

Cassetta was an ordinary girl living on earth until she turned 18. A fairy appears out of nowhere on the night she turns 18. She is teleported to another dimension which the fairy calls as Magixlia, a world of magical forces. The fairy who brought Cassetta to Magixlia was her fairy godmother and her name was Rupenkrushka. she tells Casetta that she was the daughter of Merlina and Naugloxious, the Queen and King of Casilorhia, a major queendom in Magixlia. (I'm kinda feminist, so I prefer queendom to kingdom) Magixlia was ruled by an evil sorcerer named 'Evil' who wanted to conquer all of Magixlia and all of its power. There was a prophecy that Evil can be defeated only by a queen of pure intents born to a great queen. Merlina was called 'The White Fairy' due to her greatness and she was the daughter of Maglambglobia, a great witch at that time. So, Evil trapped Merlina, Maglambglobia and Naugloxious in a jinxed jail no one knows where thinking that Merlina was the one who could fulfil the prophecy and there was no one else to defeat him. Rupenkrushka told Cassetta that Merlina gave birth to Cassetta before Evil could attack Casilorhia. Merlina had magically transplanted Cassetta to a woman's womb living on Earth. Evil had conquered Casilorhia and made it into a wasteland. All living things were turned to stone. It was a horrid sight for Cassetta. As she was thinking intensely, she magically transforms into a beautiful fairy. Sparks of light emit from her and it awakens the people turned to stone. Of those, one small boy says, "We were waiting 18 years for you, my dear sister". Rupenkrushka says that it was Castorin, Cassetta's own elder brother. His age was frozen when he was turned to stone. "Is there something I can do about it?", asked Casetta. Rupenkrushka told, "You can't change what happened. You already did great".

This turning of stone to life turned Evil's attention to Casilorhia. Casetta had now gained confidence and in a fraction of seconds built a beautiful fort across Casildah, the Castle of Casilorhia that would protect the people from evil. She then was face to face with Evil. Evil had a staff that had strong magical capabilities. He stroke at Cassetta without warning. She fell and got heavily injured. Evil laughed and asked, "Who are you? New fairy to save Merlina's Casilorhia?" "I'm Cassetta, the daughter of Merlina". Evil was shocked. "Merlina had no daughter and I turned her son to a stone". "You are wrong and you are gonna be doomed", said Casetta. Then they both started to duel. The green flames from Evil's staff were stronger than Casetta's meagre yellow flames. She put all her will and force to defeat Evil. But she again failed and fainted. Then Evil disappeared.

Cassetta took a month to recover from the attack. In Magixlia, the life span of a fairy was 1000years. Merlina was 500 and Maglambglobia was 700. 

Comments